MTU Friedrichshafen: Engine simulator
COSATEQ is developing a flexible engine simulator in cooperation with MTU to improve the simulation processes during the development phase. The goal is a flexible and cost-effective state-of-the-art engine simulator based on the real-time simulation software ProSys-RT (now SCALE-RT®). Permanent further development in the field of engines, ever higher performance requirements and stricter emission regulations call for new and more powerful simulation technologies.
- Economically attractive solution
- Real-time execution of MATLAB®/Simulink® models with a sampling rate of 1 msec and faster (1 kHz)
- Flexible IO connection for motor-specific electronics (e.g. 140 sensor replicas and 50 actuator replicas)
- Various options for connecting I/O interfaces (Ethernet, USB, RS-232, CAN Bus) make the system extremely flexible.
- The simulator concept makes it possible to separate or abstract the model development from the IO hardware.
- Simulink® models can be transferred to the simulator with little effort and executed in real time.
- Conception and realization of the engine simulation system based on the real-time environment ProSys-RT™*.
- Concept implementation on powerful FreescalePowerPC architecture with a real-time Linux system
- Hardware adaptation: Development of a powerful DSP-supported IO module for fast processing of analog and digital IO signals
- Software connection to the simulation system with all necessary adaptations to the PowerPC architecture
- Software-in-the-Loop (SiL) simulation (functional software in control systems is developed and tested without real hardware)
- Reduction of real engine tests with Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL)