The COSATEQ 4-port CAN-PCI/cPCI card features four active CAN ports that are galvanically isolated from each other and can therefore be connected to up to four independent networks.
- High performance due to four active CAN ports
- Direct local handling of CAN bus data on the card itself speeds up the entire system
- Simple and fast integration due to defined standard API
- Comprehensive driver selection
- Support for common programming languages and development environments
The card also finds use in other areas such as control or monitoring. The PCI or CompactPCI design makes it compatible with the most common applications and device configurations. The low power consumption ensures reliable continuous operation.
The advantage of the active can card are the built-in microprocessors. By shifting computing power to the card, the controller PC is unburdened and the performance of the system is increased considerably.
Use of real-time systems
Hardware, firmware and drivers are optimized for the use of real-time systems. Appropriate drivers are available for Windows and Linux operating systems.
The CAN PCI/CompactPCI card gives you full access to the CAN data via the integrated CAN API. The CANopen interface is implemented by the support of CANfestival.
- 4 independent CAN channels
- Possibility of polling mode, real time is not affected by interrupts.
- Low time expenditure due to minimal communication with the card for sending and receiving telegrams.
- Up to 1 Mbaud/s data transfer rate
- CAN channels galvanically isolated in pairs
- Low power consumption
- C, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab®/Simulink® and SimulationX libraries
- Datasheet including runtime test
- Manual (english) Version 0.4 Date December 2009
- Linux API description (english) Version 1.1 Date January 2011
- Linux Driver for 4 port CAN-PCI/cPCI-Card Version 1.1